The: 'Food for the stomach and stomach for food' theory can also be applied for sex, presuming that we don't live for higher purpose than just fulfilling urges. People are going to have sex because they can't control themselves: this is a presumption that accompanies the quote. We can go to far to the angel impulse also, this is saying one should never have sex- ever. Perhaps a compromise is more appropriate. I think this is vary true, because, it is widely known and believed that we actually have to have sex to reproduce (naturally) so not having sex ever is completely ridiculous. I think there is definitely a higher point, however, to human existence than just sex and reproduction though, so a compromise situation regarding sex is appropriate: neither over the top nor under the bottom... In the centre.
People have a spiritual dimension that animals don't... And this defines us as a species. Our ability to respond differently defines us... And knowing that indulging in the wrong way can be just as bad as indulging too much, and the fact that indulging responsibly is not bad. Actions that derive from lust, often create guilt... Both features of human nature, but both able to be transferred to other people with negative consequences. I find this concept quite confusing and difficult to grapple with... I suppose I always assumed that the things that make us humans make us better people, but this is portraying the opposite. I suppose I need to think it over a bit more before I decide if I agree or not.
Up to pg. 32.
No comments:
Post a Comment